Our Research Site
Founded in 1997, Clinical Research Institute of Southern Oregon (Crisor) has long been a foremost respiratory clinical research center in the United States, providing top quality clinical research to Southern Oregon and Northern California patients. Crisor is a dedicated Phase 2 through 4 research site located in Medford, Oregon. Metropolitan Medford has a population of 216,000 with another 300,000 residents in the surrounding counties. The site is conveniently located just 10 minutes from the Medford airport.
Crisor has a long history of providing sponsors with rapid enrollment along with top quality collection of study data.
Edward Kerwin, MD, CPI
Dr. Kerwin is the Founder and Medical Director of Crisor. Dr. Kerwin is Board Certified in Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. He is a Certified Physician Investigator and has conducted over 650 clinical trials since 1993.
Kevin Parks, MD
Dr. Parks has been with the Crisor research team since 2006. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology and has conducted over 20 clinical trials as PI and assisted on over 300 as a Sub-Investigator since 2006.
Jaleh Ostovar, FNP-C
Jaleh has been with the Crisor team since 1998 and has over 22 years of experience in clinical research including assisting as a Sub-Investigator on over 500 trials.
Jennifer Milligan, PA-C
Jennifer has been with the Crisor team since 2000 and has assisted as a Sub-Investigator on over 400 trials.
Kary Kelly, FNP-C
Kary is the newest Sub-Investigator to join the Crisor team. She is an experienced Certified Nurse Practitioner and has assisted on over 20 trials.
- Accomplished Certified Principal Investigator (Over 650 Clinical Trials Completed 1997-present)
- Highly Experienced Certified Clinical Research Director (2001-present) & Office Manager (2008-present)
- Dedicated and Highly Experienced Regulatory Administrator (2001-present)
- Nine ACRP Certified Study Coordinators
- Long Standing Site SOPs and Quality Control Procedures Reviewed Annually.
- All Staff are TransCelerate GCP Certified
- IATA Certification for All Study Coordinators
- 17 exam rooms
- Spacious Conference Room
- CLIA Waivered Lab Procedures
- Central IRB Site with Dedicated Regulatory Department
- Six Dedicated Monitoring Rooms
- Three Locked Temperature Monitored Drug Storage Rooms with Refrigerators
- GDUFA Registered Site
- High Speed Internet (LAN & Wireless)
- Bioequivalence BA Retention Sample Compliant
- Three Ambient & One Refrigerated Centrifuge
- Two Specimen Swirlers
- Two Site ECG Machines
- Five Portable ATS Compliant Spirometers
- SensorMedics Body Box for Plethysmography & DLCO Testing
- Freezers (-20 and -70 degree C)
- Two Regulated Crash Carts
- Pulse Oximetry
- Annual Calibration of Site Equipment
- Access to Diagnostic Imaging Services (X-ray, DEXA, CT, etc.)
All site coordinators are certified in clinical research and qualified to perform the following procedures:
- IV Infusions
- Lyophilized study medication preparation
- PK sample collection and processing
- 24-Hour Visits
- Methacholine Challenge Testing
- Body Box Plethysmography
- Treadmill testing
- Exercise Challenge testing
- Electronic Case Report Form completion
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Nasal Polyps
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- High Blood Pressure
- Lipid Disorders
- Elevated Cholesterol
- Biologic Therapy Studies
- Pain Management
- Memory Disorders (such as Alzheimer’s)